[rescue] public schools

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Jul 8 10:01:30 CDT 2002

On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 08:56:20AM -0400, Chris Hedemark wrote:
> We're going to be homeschooling our kids (our only child is only 7
> months so while we do try to find time for educational play it is hardly
> schooling yet).

If you do this, do (him|her) one favor - let them get some interaction with
other kids.

Homeschooling is good, but too often, I see kids who were homeschooled, but
unfortunately locked away from interactions with other children, which helps
develop personality and a good concept of interpersonal relationships, social
behavior, etc.

(A few years ago, I long-term dated a girl who was attending college at the age
 of 16 - she'd been adopted at birth by a couple who was in their 60s, and then
 homeschooled.. then pushed to be a local model/beauty queen, played five or
 six instruments, etc... so by the time I ran into her, she was quite messed up
 in the head... )

Bill

--
Bill Bradford