[rescue] re: gps and mac&cheese, et al.

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Jul 7 16:48:52 CDT 2002

Taking things out of context:
> ...the need for better education is greater now than ever before.
I'll agree with that.  Given that no one wants to do (or is capable
of doing) the job of teaching our children *well* for a wage which
is (in general) not in keeping with the well-paid positions in a
community, what's to be done?  I still think that if I'd had a good
computer tutor, then I could have skipped most of elementary school...

(and yes, my [Phi Beta Kappa] mother cared...but she hadn't been
trained in how to educate young children.  Perhaps this is why I
found and married a wonderful Elementary Ed type...)

> kamikaze shooters, the perfect foil to a warm guinness.
Oh dear $DEITY... please tell me that you aren't referring to a
kamikaze shot as an appropriate complement to the Beer Of Life...

  --Rip