[rescue] cheap gps for time reference

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at bfr.co.il
Sun Jul 7 11:36:20 CDT 2002

Kurt Huhn wrote:
> Burgers on the grill, spicy baked beans, homemade mac & cheese (not that stuff
> from a box), french onion dip, chips, and potato salad.  I'm not used to eating
> all that food, I hurt...

Sounds like what I made, trying to keep the 4th of July going here. :-)

On the grill: Burgers, BEEF hot dogs (instead of the chicken crap they sell
here), Chinese spare ribs. (yes, I went to school to cook chinese food
professionaly).

Cole slaw, Israeli cabbage salad, Macaroni salad (from the Joy of cooking).
Hamburger and hot dog buns (hard to get here), potatoe chips, Coke and Sprite.
Pickles, etc. Just like we ate in the states.

And to use up some leftovers, Beef vindaloo Biryani. (spicy Indian style beef,
with cabbage and yellow rice, mixed together). Yum!

BTW, we have a sofa bed, lots of leftover food, fast internet, digital
cable (enough English language movies and programs plus Russian, French,
Spanish, Hindi and Arabic) and a great near tropical location with a
view of the "Valley of the Gazelle".

In fact, if you are not the kind of person that mosquitos like to eat, you
can sleep out on our "deck". It will be warm and dry until late October.
No, I'm not inviting anyone for that long. :-)

The down side is I have 3 kids with ADD (or PDD depending upon the
person "diagnosing" them) aged 20,7,4. Don't expect to sleep much. :-)

Geoff.
--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson
Bloomberg L.P., BFM (Israel) 2 hours ahead of London, 7 hours ahead of New York.