[rescue] HP SCSI

Chad Fernandez fernande at internet1.net
Sat Jul 6 01:38:00 CDT 2002

Robert Rose wrote:
> Hi rescuers,
>
> Any idea if an Adaptec 2740 (EISA SCSI) would work in an HP server
> running HP-UX 11 ?  I don't have any other EISA boxen and I've got spare
> 2740's and Google isn't forthcoming with useful answers.
>
> cheers,
>
> Rob.

What kind of architecture is the HP server?  If it has standard EISA
slots it should work, if HP-UX supports the card.  Adaptec normally has
SCO drivers, so I would imagine any driver support would have to be from
HP or 3rd party.

Nice cards.... I used a few in my Unisys server.  I was running DOS and
Win 3.11, However.

Chad Fernandez
Michigan, USA