[rescue] TMI Sbus printer card

Arthur Wouk awouk at ra.nilenet.com
Thu Jul 4 11:59:40 CDT 2002

some time back, when i wanted to use my sparc2 to drive a rpinter, i
acquired a Texas Microsystems Inc. Sbus Printer Card ASSY 713\A 12694
which has a paper label on what must be the mian chip saying 713\1
113079 V1.0.

when i put it in the machine, it was not recognized by solaris (2.4 at
that time). i did some phoning, finding from TMI the name of the
organization whoch was supporting that card, together with the info
that it was only supported on Sunos 4.1|2|3. since i had no intention
to go back to sunos, i laid it aside, and eventually got am proper
spsc(?) card with cable and paddle for solaris.

so now i have it cluttering up my worktable. i wonder if anyone still
using sunos on an older sun machine is looking for a printer board? what
am i offered? i can always use sparc 10/20 64meg ram sticks in trade.
no 16megs,  but 32meg sticks are also usable.