[rescue] what I really want in a web browser for Unix

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Tue Jul 2 22:36:23 CDT 2002

I use Omniweb 4.1 as my default browser on Mac OS X.

It's really nice now... CSS is coming along great.  There are very few
sites that I can't visit with it now.
I purchased an Omniweb license because I love it and support the
company... I also bought a shirt from the Omnigroup at one of the
Macworld expos.  I've been using Omniweb since version 3.0 on OPENSTEP
through 4.0-4.0.6 and 4.1 beta - 4.1 release.

Andrew

For non OS X Unix... I don't know, however... I'd be tempted to try
Mozilla again.

On Tuesday, July 2, 2002, at 11:11 PM, Patrick Giagnocavo
+1.717.201.3366 wrote:

> Maybe the list has some ideas...
>
> I used to use an older version of OmniWeb (like v1.0) under Nextstep
> on a black Turbo Color.  Those were the days...
>
> Anyways, the thing I miss so much is the true multithreaded behavior
> of OmniWeb.  Here I have systems that are 5-10x more powerful, but
> Mozilla can't do more than one thing at a time, or at least is very
> clunky.
>
> Are there any browsers for Unix that are multithreaded?
>
> Under the old OmniWeb I could have multiple pages open and changes
> made to window A (eg graphics loading) would not affect window B's
> responsiveness.
>
> Suggestions most appreciated.
>
> ./patrick

-Andrew