[rescue] what I really want in a web browser for Unix

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 patrick at .zill.net
Tue Jul 2 22:11:00 CDT 2002

Maybe the list has some ideas...

I used to use an older version of OmniWeb (like v1.0) under Nextstep
on a black Turbo Color.  Those were the days...

Anyways, the thing I miss so much is the true multithreaded behavior
of OmniWeb.  Here I have systems that are 5-10x more powerful, but
Mozilla can't do more than one thing at a time, or at least is very
clunky.

Are there any browsers for Unix that are multithreaded?

Under the old OmniWeb I could have multiple pages open and changes
made to window A (eg graphics loading) would not affect window B's
responsiveness.

Suggestions most appreciated.

./patrick