[rescue] ScaNet Info wanted

Drew Whittle drew at lug.net.nz
Mon Jul 1 22:03:40 CDT 2002

I am about to magpie a ScaNet Networking box of some kind. I haven't
been able to get any really good info on it so I was wondering if anyone
knew about them.

Details:

Identifying marks

On front panel
ScaNet

On rear panel
Cray Networks A/S
SE-0501 (stamped text)
01157 (stamped text)

On bottom

Sticker (Barcode):
  6800600100      001157(obscured due to ripped label)
  81233/02-
Sticker (Barcode):
  Physical Ethernet Ad. 000080564602

Model numbers of trays in chassis
  TM-0101 Async Terminal Server Module
  CT-3100 Master 10Base-T Ethernet Concentrator with LP-3003 10Base-FL
mod
  CT-3023 Slave 10Base-T Ethernet Concentrator with inbuilt 10Base-FL
  CT-3104 Slave 10Base-T Ethernet Concentrator (with space for module)

It used to work I am told until the current owner told it to boot from
the network instead of internally and as he has no info or binary image
for it to boot from it no longer functions.

Anyone know more about this unit?

Thx,

:D