[rescue] SGI RE2 on ebay - $450 BIN

Gerhard Lenerz mail at g-lenerz.de
Tue Dec 31 06:29:27 CST 2002

Hello Eric,

Tuesday, December 31, 2002, 9:08:02 AM, you wrote:

> Yeah, case of posting before doing much searching, sigh.  Is it a single,
> switchable power supply, or are there two different power supplies out there,
> one for each voltage?

  I'm not 100% sure about Onyxes/Challenges and the comment on page 35
  of the Owners Guide (Deskside Onyx) is indeed a bit strange, but I
  think SGI always used switchable power supplies (if possible).
  Sometimes autoswitching PSUs (most workstations), sometimes the
  switch was hidden by a sticker (Personal Iris) and somtimes it was
  even buried under some sheetmetal and not a switch at all
  (Powerseries PSUs had a "jumper" on the PSU itself).

--
Best regards,
 Gerhard                            mailto:mail at g-lenerz.de

Old SGI Stuff                       http://sgistuff.g-lenerz.de/