[rescue] Problem with an INDY

Gerhard Lenerz mail at g-lenerz.de
Fri Dec 27 13:23:01 CST 2002

Hello Paul,

> I have an R4600 SC that doesn't turn on, the led on the front stays red
> and it never plays that startup sound, I figure it's a hardware problem, i
> was wondering if any one knew what would have to fail inorder to cause
> this?

  I had some similar issues with one of the Indies I originally kept
  for spares. Basically I changed nothing in the machine - I reseated
  the usual suspects (GFX board, memory, CPU) and tried a different
  Dallas clockchip. Now the Indy is doing fine and I have no clue what
  really was wrong. Don't know if there is a lesson to be learned.
  Maybe it's: Just don't give up too early.

--
Best regards,
 Gerhard                            mailto:mail at g-lenerz.de

Old SGI Stuff                       http://sgistuff.g-lenerz.de/