[rescue] looking for CDROM case 68 pin

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Dec 22 19:08:28 CST 2002

> > I have my Sun bootable (supposedly) Plextor SCSI cdrom drive
> > (bare).  I need to mount it in an external case.  [...]
> > I'd really like a 611 case so it is 68 pin.
> All the 611 cases on ebay right now seem to be hard drive cases.

> There is room in a 411 case for a Plextor 20X CD-ROM drive and a
> 68-to-50 convertor; that's the way I had one set up for my LX.
> Worked fine.

Please note also that although 611 cases are 68-pin externally, that's
just to simplify cabling.  The open-front cases (tape/CD-ROM) are
50-pin narrow internally, while the closed front (HD) cases are 80-pin
SCA internally.

Keep looking around on eBay...I've picked up two 611 cases for < $20,
and one other for ~$50 with a good 9GB drive in it.  Don't look for them
as an auction by themselves, but as part of a box of crap.

  --Rip