[rescue] Re: Various stuff

Gavin Hubbard ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Wed Dec 18 19:08:16 CST 2002

<<
> Speaking of interesting SGI gear. I recently got emailed the following
> pics from a friend in Australia. One of my favourite computer
> graveyards just received what looks like three Power Challenge
> machines. Sadly I probably can't go over to test and determine the
> config(s).

   Don't determine the configs...just go get them! 8-)

       -Dave

Normally I wouldn't hesitate. But I already have a lot of stuff in storage in Melbourne (I gave as much as I could away to user groups before I left, but there is still a huge amount left there):

http://www.geekshelf.com/gallery/ghub005/v2500/dscn5393.jpg

If these were Challenge series machines I wouldn't hesitate, but I'm not sure I have the right 'attitude' to properly appreciate a flock of R3k powered 4D40 machines :-P

Regards,

Gavin