[rescue] Indy case

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Dec 18 18:43:48 CST 2002

>>>    I...I just don't understand.
>>>
>>>    I further don't understand why it fetched such a huge price.
>>
>> Well...they just couldn't stuff a fridge in it.
>> fools :-(
>
> IIRC those were actually made that way by SGI, as some sort of promo
> goods. I don't think this is some take-off on the Macquarium idea.

Correct.  The value that someone placed on this was because it really
was made as a briefcase to look like an Indy...not as an "aftermarket
conversion".  They're pretty rare...the last one I happened upon on
eBay was in the US and went for ~$150 as well.

Now the question of *why* is a different thing.  I might pay $150
for a functional "Indigo Cafepresso" espresso machine...but why would
I want a friggin' blue briefcase?

  --Rip