[rescue] Re: Various stuff trade/questions/wanted...

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Dec 18 13:54:05 CST 2002

On Wednesday, December 18, 2002, at 06:02 AM, Gavin Hubbard wrote:
>> Hmm.  Would it perhaps be a guy from the Aussie Parks GIS service?
>
>    Probably.
>>>

> He *cough* subscribes to this list ;-)
>
> A really nice guy BTW - sent me some good advice when I was trying to
> acquire that Power Challenge XL in Melbourne.

   Ahh, cool!  I didn't mean to suggest that he wasn't a nice guy, just
that he beat me out of just about every cool piece of high-end SGI
hardware on eBay a couple of years ago. ;)

> Speaking of interesting SGI gear. I recently got emailed the following
> pics from a friend in Australia. One of my favourite computer
> graveyards just received what looks like three Power Challenge
> machines. Sadly I probably can't go over to test and determine the
> config(s).

   Don't determine the configs...just go get them! 8-)

       -Dave

--
Dave McGuire           "She's a cheek pincher.  I have scars."
St. Petersburg, FL                          -Gary Nichols