[rescue] re: SGI ZX10 comment

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Tue Dec 17 22:50:53 CST 2002

On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 05:15:27PM -0800, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> I have a big purple Intergraph box in storage, but alas it does not
> boot.
>
> It is a dual PII box, and I think the problem is that some of the RAM
> appears to have been removed (was reported to have 512 Meg, but it
> looks like less to me).
>
> Is there anyone that could work with me to get this box up? It was
> gotten for pennies on the dollar (maybe penny on th edollar, part of a
> $50 lot that included a dozen or so SS/20/Ultra RAM sticks, over a
> dozen Creator "SBUS" cards (I know) and some TGX/TGX+ framebuffers), so
> I won't cry if it won't boot... ;^)
>
> I can get specific model info, but I'll have to stop by my storage
> space and pick it up...

Post the info to the list, maybe someone can help.  I'm thinking it is
probably a TDZ-2000, which isn't too strange of a machine.  I think it
was supposed to take normal PC100 ram, but I'd have to check again.  My
recall is that SGI just rebadged this to get the Zx10, but I could be
wrong.

--
Joshua D. Boyd