[rescue] Rescuing a powermac 6500/250

William Enestvedt Will.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Tue Dec 17 07:58:25 CST 2002

> But I wanted more, I figured  I could get more out of the
> [PM6500] with linux and using MOL (Mac on Linux) run my
> Mac stuff at "full" speed.

   I hope no one puts a cross-hairs on my forehead for asking this, but why
not a BSD?
   I used NetBSD on a IIxi, a IIci, and a Q700 a good many years back, and It
Worked. [Heck, I even gave my Radius Full-Page Display and card to a guy with
an SE/30 so he could get it working!]  Obviously, you wanted "MOL" and not
"MON" -- but consider that FreeBSD would give you a very Clarus-friendly "MOF"
and OpenBSD would offer the comforting "MOO."
   Anyway, just curious.
-wde
P.S. Is the 6500 the case with the big woofer in it that gives it the same
beluga-like forehead that Peter Boyle wore in "Young Frankenstein" is it?
--
Will Enestvedt
UNIX System Administrator