Apple Clones (was: [rescue] BMRT SGI)

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Dec 13 19:41:11 CST 2002

On Fri, 13 Dec 2002, Mike Hebel wrote:

> > And they both booted MacOS, right? ;)
>
> Bzzt!  Apple-DOS if IIRC - or am I Sarcasm impared again?

I'm sorry.  I'll make sure my future messages are close-captioned for
the sarcasm-impaired. :)

> They had two internal 5 1/4" drives but could add a 3.5" if you spent
> the big bucks.

All the ones I used had one internal 5.25" and one external 3.5".  Maybe
they offered differnt options at different times.

> I'm thinking "Wizardry" but I'm probably wrong.

I don't think it was "Wizardry".  I remember the name being weird, but I
don't remember the name itself.

> Conan and Lode-Runner were my favorites.  I used mine mostly for BBS
> and word processing stuff.  AppleWorks and a thermal serial printer. ;-)

Ugh.  AppleWorks.  I was busy being brain-damaged by WordPerfect[0] and
Lotus 1-2-3.

[0] If you've ever used it day-to-day for more than a little while, all
    those function-key commands are probably still burned into the back
    of your brain.

--
Jonathan Patschke
  "Albert Einstein nailed space-time, but the wild thing had him stumped.