[rescue] Re: Visualize C160 workstations

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Thu Dec 12 16:01:44 CST 2002

[Thanks to everyone who replied publicly or privately--I've tried to
acknowledge all of the mails personally but didn't want to clog up the
list with "thanks a bunch" messages for each :) ]

On Thu, 12 Dec 2002 ansalmo at dsl.pipex.com wrote:

> There's an official port of Debian 3.0 to the HPPA platform.  Check out the
> mailing list archives:
>
>    http://lists.debian.org/debian-hppa/
>    http://lists.parisc-linux.org/pipermail/parisc-linux/
>
> as they have loads of useful info.

Oooh, this is good news. I like Debian. :)

> One interesting post a couple of months ago mentioned that the Voodoo2
> card could be used as a framebuffer in these machines (a driver has
> been developed), negating the need to locate one of the wacky
> connectors for the HP graphics card.  See:

Hmmm. Then I'd have to find some Voodoo2 cards. Also pondering whether any
standard cheap SE/LVD SCSI cards will work, since I'd have an easier time
of getting external non-HVD storage. Although I'm reminded that I have a
pair of 28GB RSM214 arrays that are HVD out. Heh.

I think I will try to get the batch this weekend, if I can make room in
the van for them.

Thanks again all for your help and advice!
Rob