[rescue] SGI

Robert Rose rr at rits.com.au
Thu Dec 12 03:24:02 CST 2002

At 11:09 PM 11/12/2002 -0600, Kevin wrote:
>I just spent the better part of the last two days with
>a SW engineer at SGI, trying to get 60gigs of our data
>back/help them debug possible XFS recovery issues they
>had internally.
>Does that count as a contact ? :)

Well, you're doing better than anyone else on the list at the moment.  Any
chances of getting a names & contact details of their support service suits?

>SGI's policies on
>OSes and patches SUCK.  There's no two ways about it.
>I fail to understand how they would be hurt by a
>hobbyist program.

Is anyone offering to help organise this?  I've never been involved in
anything like this, but I'd think we would probably need to start with a
list of:
- names,
- email addresses,
- SGI hardware owned (particularly those that can run 6.5),
- statement from owner detailing what they use their boxen for and how a
hobbyist program would benefit SGI.
- anything else???

I guess the main thing is to gauge how many people we could get interested,
then consider if we have enough voices to start talking to the suits.

What do you think people?

Rob.