[rescue] Re: Linux on SS1000 (was SS1000)

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Mon Dec 9 15:38:47 CST 2002

On 9 Dec 2002, Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:

> Well, Aurora doesn't have a working sun4 to test on, and sun4 requires a
> special kernel, so we haven't implemented support for it. We're
> currently supporting sun4c, sun4m, and sun4u in Aurora with a 2.4
> kernel.

sun4c?  YAY!

Recently sun4c machines have been becoming less wanted in free software
circles...  even NetBSD having a big problem with some of the sun4c's
(those without hw cache flush).  You have made me happy =)

I had been meaning to get around to trying aurora, now I've got a lot
more impetus to do so =)

--Kurt