[rescue] Re: Linux on SS1000 (was SS1000)

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Mon Dec 9 15:33:03 CST 2002

On Mon, 2002-12-09 at 16:23, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:
> On 9 Dec 2002, Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:
>
> > Aurora is currently the only Linux
> > using a 2.4 kernel on sparc32 & sparc64. Yeah, maybe we run into more
> > problems than we'd like, but we're burrowing through them. Its fun. :)
>
> So you folks have 2.4 2orking well on sparc32?  I've seen some noise
> lately on debian-sparc about unofficial kernel debs for sparc32, but
> my impression was that until recently sparc32 was all but forgotten
> on 2.4...  Is this mainly sun4m, or you supporting sun4c (or even
> sun4) architectures?

Well, Aurora doesn't have a working sun4 to test on, and sun4 requires a
special kernel, so we haven't implemented support for it. We're
currently supporting sun4c, sun4m, and sun4u in Aurora with a 2.4
kernel.

~spot
---
Tom "spot" Callaway <tcallawa(a)redhat*com> Red Hat Sales Engineer
Sair Linux and GNU Certified Administrator (LCA)
Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
GPG: D786 8B22 D9DB 1F8B 4AB7  448E 3C5E 99AD 9305 4260

The words and opinions reflected in this message do not necessarily
reflect those of my employer, Red Hat, and belong solely to me.

"Immature poets borrow, mature poets steal." --- T. S. Eliot