[rescue] U5 floppy not working

paul savage paul5151 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 2 14:53:46 CST 2002

Hi,

I have a Ultra 5 with a 600NHz co-processor card
installed. About a week ago the floppy drive no longer
works when I am in Solaris. Using the file manager to
open a floppy in the drive results in nothing, no
drive light, no directory displayed.

When I am in Windows 98 on the co-processor the floppy
drive works fine. It has just stopped working when in
Unix. Did not install any software or make any
changes, the drive refuses to read any floppies.

I am new to unix and the list and would appreciate any
help on this. There seems to be no books or anything
on Suns site on how to resolve this.

Thanks,

Paul
http://mailplus.yahoo.com