[rescue] Re: SPARC memory query

Jeffrey J. Nonken jeff_work at nonken.net
Mon Dec 2 12:09:20 CST 2002

It's marketing, man. All marketing. They're trying to push quantity on the
masses, and the masses prefer to spend less money on lower quality than to
make a true investment. Cheaper in the short term, and the money you save
today can be used to buy more cheap gadgets to go with it.

Kind of hard to fight it, the whole damned economy has been pushed towards a
short-term bottom line philosophy for decades now. Planned obsolescence? Gah.
And laying off people looks like a great way to boost your profits, but
wouldn't it be nice if in two years there were somebody who can buy your
products?

Don't even get me started...

*casually wipes foam from mouth*

Happy Hannukah! And I hope everybody had a happy Thanksgiving, even those who
don't celebrate it at this time of year. :)