[rescue] Vaxen?

dave at cca.org dave at cca.org
Fri Apr 26 21:00:48 CDT 2002

linc at thelinuxlink.net writes:

>I know there are quite a few of you on this list with Vaxen, myself
>included.  I was just browsing the net a bit and decided to look up vax
>and lo and behold most of the people thet mention vaxes seem to only refer
>to them in the context of using them for email.. (it's true!)
>What I was wondering is if you'd share what kinds of things you do on your
>vax?  I am curious..  Email seems such a lowly primary use for such a cool
>type of machine.
>I have several vaxen and while they are not *all* running (due to power
>constraints) when they are I use them for servers (http, ftp, etc) all
>running NetBSD.

I have a couple of VAXstations at work driving high-speed barcode
printers in a production factory environment. (ie: full speed,
eight hours a day. Lotsa labels.)

My home VAXstation is currently out on loan, running an art installation
on display at the Whitney Museum in NY.

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org ------
-------- "I prefer the ridiculous to the sublime." - James Chance ---------