[rescue] O2 graphics compared to entry-level Octane graphics?

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Thu Apr 25 12:27:30 CDT 2002

On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 11:59:32AM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 10:29:08AM -0400, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> > I mentioned Lightwave, wich I use on the Octane almost exclusively.  The
> > Octane is very good about displaying and manipulating models in 3D, on
> > the O2 it can seriously suck if you have a complex model.
>
> Hrm.. I'm asking because I'm considering seeing about "trading up" from
> the O2 to an entry-level Octane (O2 R5K 180 vs. Octane R10K 195 w/SI gfx).

Well, you already sold the AV option, so obviously you aren't planning on
replacing the Mac for video work.  You've mentioned that texturing
applications isn't too important.  You've never shown an interest in
volumetrics.  I can't think of a single reason why the O2 would be better
for you.  If you can afford the Octane, make the trade.

You can always buy TRAM later.

--
Joshua D. Boyd