[rescue] Maybe Wanted: Early PowerPC Macintosh Systems

Marc Zyngier mzyngier at freesurf.fr
Mon Apr 22 01:48:52 CDT 2002

GSM> Sounds like a dead battery to me. Power PC MACS won't start
GSM> without a good battery in them. I'm not familiar with the model
GSM> you have, but if it uses a 1/2 AA battery with a long nose, the
GSM> photo battery equivalent (slightly longer, flat nose) works just
GSM> as well and is about 1/2 the price (and available almost
GSM> everywhere).

No, the 6400 uses a Rayovac Model 840 battery. Square pack with two
wires connector. The 6400 will boot without battery, but will
potentially act funny... Try zapping the PRAM.

This is a nice machine though. Mine is my web/mail/dns server. Quiet,
fast enough for most things, and reliable.

        M.
--
Places change, faces change. Life is so very strange.