[rescue] demime

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Fri Apr 19 01:16:23 CDT 2002

[ On Friday, April 19, 2002 at 01:13:19 (-0400), Brian Hechinger wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [rescue] demime

> > >     Bill> I've turned off the 7-bit-only flag on demime.  Greg, try
> > >     Bill> your funky stuff now.
> > >
> > > ,Ae*d;c.fe;c/o<o<o<o<o<c'cc
> > >
> > > how's that?
> >
> > It'd probably be better if I had any japanese fonts installed.  I -do-
> > like the perl comment though.
>
> two comments:
>
> a) i *KNEW* there was a reason i installed ALL the fonts!
>
> b) in the original message this stuff didn't show up as the japanese fonts for
> me, but it does now in the quoted reply.

The quoted reply is trashed as far as I can tell, in Greg's reply, where
the translation to charset=UTF-8 didn't seem to go well.

In your quoting of it above your mailer and/or editor has really munged
it back to just:

which is unfortunately par for the course for Mutt....

> weird.

what's weird is your mailer can make sense of the "garbled" version but
not the original, and mine only likes the original.

--
								Greg A. Woods