[rescue] demime

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Thu Apr 18 10:26:33 CDT 2002

On Thu, 18 Apr 2002, James Sharp wrote:

> Tonight, I discovered a really sucky "feature" to the version of "Elvis"
> that comes with Slackware 7....vi an .html file and it tries to render it,
> saying "press ^Wd" to see source.

> When did it decide that it wanted to be a fuckin web browser?  if I'm
> it.

That's pissed me off about elvis too.  That kindof shit is why I don't
use vim.  I've hated vim since I used it on a friend's machine and vim
would not only mess up my title bar of my xterm to be the file I was
editing (I know how to hit ^G thankyouverymuch), but upon exit would
make it say "Thanks for flying vim...".  It's a simple rule, don't
fuck with my title bars.  (The only exception is a program specifically
to change it to what I want to).

Now elvis is doing this stupid shit with rendering html.  Looks like nvi
is going to be what I use in Linux now.

--Kurt