[rescue] OT: broken de-MIME-ers should be shot! ;-)

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Wed Apr 17 16:06:21 CDT 2002

[ On , April 17, 2002 at 12:57:00 (-0500), Dan Sikorski wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [rescue] Cooling (Long Thread, sorry)
>
> On Wed, 2002-04-17 at 12:45, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> > Hmmm.... maybe it's that gawd-awfull stupid interferring useless MIME stripper.
>
> I wholeheartedly DISagree with that statement.  I like de-MIME, and have
> even considered running it on my personal mail server.

De-MIME-ing is good when it removes what you don't like.

It's very bad when it removes what you need to make a message
intelligible.

It's even worse when it converts what you have into something incorrect,
as in changing my degree symbols into zeros.  Grrrr!!!!  BUG!!!!

>  Rich text and
> HTML mail is annoying, and largely useless.

Agreed.  Whole heartedly!  101%

And it can be a major security risk too.

However MIME-encoded e-mail isn't all HTML (or rich-text, or
multi-part/alternative of any kind).

--
								Greg A. Woods