[rescue] Cooling (was S: 512M (4x128M) U5/10 DIMMs)

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Apr 15 16:04:57 CDT 2002

~ -----Original Message-----
~ From: Mike Johnson [mailto:mike at enoch.org]
~ Sent: Monday, April 15, 2002 5:06 PM
~ To: rescue at sunhelp.org
~ Subject: Re: [rescue] Cooling (was S: 512M (4x128M) U5/10 DIMMs)
~
~ Anyone have a line on one of the standalone A/C units?  I could pretty
~ easily run an exhaust hose up through the attic to exhuast under the
~ eaves.  If they're in the $500 range, I imagine I could make the cost
~ back pretty quickly just on energy savings (I'm relatively certain
~ that that room is raising the total temperature of the house
~ by at least
~ a degree, or two).
~
~ Thanks for all the replies!

They are in the $700 range and they are all over ebay and in major appliance
stores. Dehlongi is one manufacturer (these units are far more popular in
Europe). Do an ebay search on portable air conditioner, you'll get hundreds
of replies.