Sun.com redesign (was RE: [rescue] OSM-2000)

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Sat Apr 13 11:52:26 CDT 2002

On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 06:51:36PM -0400, Andrew Weiss wrote:

> I HATE MUSIC or sounds on a website.... with two exceptions (stuff I
> click to produce music...wav links for example, and Flash enabled sites
> that have sound)... I don't expect a static page to be musical... and I
> hate when I'm loading a page in the middle of the night and the
> girlfriend is asleep... and all of a sudden the page is like 95% loaded
> and some loud annoying midi starts blasting through the room....

the best way i found to deal with this is to go into your webbrowsers helper
apps config section and remove the part about what to do with midi.  then it
stops playing all that gay ass midi music people put on websites (it's always
gay ass music too)

-brian
--
"Today, put your best foot forward. If you're not sure which of your feet is
 your best foot, cut one off. Then it doesn't matter."   - www.lowbrow.com -