Sun.com redesign (was RE: [rescue] OSM-2000)

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Fri Apr 12 17:51:36 CDT 2002

On Friday, April 12, 2002, at 05:11 PM, Brian Dunbar wrote:

> I already did but ... they spent mega bucks on the redesign, ain't no
> way
> they'll back down just because people don't *like* it or it's difficult
> use.
>
> Went through this with our own web page (www.plexus.com) it *used* to
> be ..
> utilitarian.  You could find stuff - more important, our customers could
> find stuff.  Heck, we make electronic widgets - that's the image you
> want,
> right?
>
> Guess not.  Now our home page plays music.  Gah.
>
> You *know* how the suit mentality operates, Dave.

Like a teen girl?.... GAH MUSICAL WEBSITES!!!!

Clawing skin off..... sounds of sizzling flesh...

<ralph wiggum> Ow my face is burning </ralph wiggum>

I HATE MUSIC or sounds on a website.... with two exceptions (stuff I
click to produce music...wav links for example, and Flash enabled sites
that have sound)... I don't expect a static page to be musical... and I
hate when I'm loading a page in the middle of the night and the
girlfriend is asleep... and all of a sudden the page is like 95% loaded
and some loud annoying midi starts blasting through the room....

Andrew