[rescue] SS20 CD-ROM?

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Thu Apr 11 07:55:07 CDT 2002

On Thu, 2002-04-11 at 07:02, Eric Webb wrote:
> I would like to add a CD-ROM to my SS20.  Two options:
>
> 1.  Find a Sun slim CD-ROM.  Does anyone have one they wouldn't mind parting
> with?
>
> 2. Notch the top of the case so it will accept a full-sized CD-ROM drive.  I
> have heard that some cases come like this, so would it work out to do the
> conversion myself?

I think you missed one...

3. put a 1.6" cd-rom in a 411 case

I'd reccommend #3.  the slim cdroms are typically expensive and slow.  i
have a (24x or 32x, don't remember) in a 411 case, and it's nice.  As an
added benefit, being external, i use it on any of my machines to install
OS (handy for Solaris or IRIX, netBSD is just as easy to install over
the network.) Just my two cents.

	-Dan Sikorski