[rescue] Laserdisc players Re: Hello?

Chad Fernandez fernande at internet1.net
Fri Apr 5 16:57:27 CST 2002

Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> I have what was the cheapest possible dvd player available at the time.  My
> biggest gripe is that it doesn't do anything with the screen when playing
> audio CDs.

Yes, I understand.  Personally I'd like to have the TV off.  Why keep
the big tube powered up?

> Here we have people designing visualization stuff into car
> stereos, shelf speaker systems, etc, and the one place where it would really
> make sense (for screen saving the TV when playing CDs), it doesn't.
> Unfortunately, the way things are wired, the TV must be on to play CDs because
> the DVD play runs straight to the TV, which then runs to the amplifier (a
> 70s quadraphonic unit where the FM is dead, record player is dead, and the
> TV is hooked to the tape inputs.).

I use an old 70's Onkyo integrated amp in my living room system.  I
don't have enough inputs to run the audio into the amp directly,
unfortunetly.  My solution was to run the laserdisc player's audio
directly to the amp, and that is what I normally play cd's in :-)  It
finds the cd's faster any way.

Chad Fernandez
Michigan, USA