[rescue] Re: rescue digest, Vol 1 #3009 - 4 msgs

Michael Dombrowski legodude at hammycorp.com
Fri Apr 5 12:22:30 CST 2002

On 5 Apr 2002 at 12:00, rescue-request at sunhelp.org wrote:

> And has anyone had good luck searching eBay for UPSs?
> I've done that for many (too many) other items--but in this
> case it appears that I can buy new for not much more
> than (used+new batteries)--and a lot less hassles.
> Comments?

I've got 4 Cyberpower 575VA UPSes. They're about $35 shipped from
Outpost/Frys:
http://shop1.outpost.com/product/3266851/
They're not the best but they have Unix shutdown software and for the
money they can't be beat. Basically disposable UPSes. I might buy 4-5
more and put all the rest of the computers and big switches on
battery. We had a brownout and every system on the Cyberpowers stayed
up so they work...

Mike