[rescue] XZ graphics?

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at cats.ucsc.edu
Thu Apr 4 03:01:21 CST 2002

On Thu, 4 Apr 2002, Eric Webb wrote:

> Is it possible to run an XZ board in an I2 at 1024x768?  I can't seem to
> figure out how to change the resolution.  Using setmon, you can't use the
> "1024x768_60" notation on XZ boards.  I think this only works at the Impact
> level.
>
> Any ideas?

look under one of the subdirectories in /usr/gfx/ucode. there you will see
some of the configuration files accepted by setmon for your architecutre.
I do not have an XS machine so I dunno of the name of the directory, but I
think XS in I2 was also known as GR2. So look at the videoformats in
there, and see if there are any 1024x768_x.yzw (I thing yzw = vof).

I just logged ontom my onyx according to the man page for setmon:

\begin{RTFM!}

 /usr/gfx/setmon [ options ] format

....On other graphics systems, the name of the format is stored in

               NG1 if the graphics type is XL,
               GR2 if the graphics type is GR2,
               Crm if the graphics type is CRM,
               Impact if the graphics type is IMPACT.
               Odyssey if the graphics type is VPro......

.... Here is a complete list of the "standard" format names, not all of
          which are allowed on all graphics systems:

               30hz
               30             (alias for 30hz)
               50hz
               50             (alias for 50hz)
               60hz
               60             (alias for 60hz)
               ntsc
               hdtv
               vga
               pr60
               pal
	       343
               str_rect
               stereo         (alias for str_rect)
               st492          (alias for str_rect)
               str_bot
               str_top
               sqr_rect
               squareo        (alias for sqr_rect)
               sq492          (alias for sqr_rect)
               sqr_bot
               sqr_top
               vof0
               vof1
               vof2
               vof3
               70hz
               70             (alias for 70hz)
               72hz
               72             (alias for 72hz)
               75hz
               75             (alias for 75hz)
               76hz
               76             (alias for 76hz)
               iris3k
               presenter      (alias for iris3k)
               presenter1280  (alias for 60hz)

XS, XZ, Elan, and Extreme Graphics support the standard names 30HZ, 50HZ,
60HZ, 72HZ, NTSC, PAL, IRIS3K, STR_RECT, STR_BOT, STR_TOP and 343.  Also,
format may be the name (minus the '.vfo' extension) of one of the video
format files which reside in /usr/gfx/ucode/GR2/vof.....

\end{RTFM!}

Cheers.