[rescue] wrong list?

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Tue Apr 2 15:59:28 CST 2002

On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 01:51:16PM -0800, ed at the7thbeer.com wrote:
> On a related note, I used to run a half dozen mailing lists for various
> things a few years back, two of which had 150+ people.  But as time wore
> on, people bitched and moaned about "list dictator" this and "overbearing
> moderator" that.  The simple solution was to find the loudest mouth of the
> bunch, emailed him the list membership file and posted a final-final
> saying "Take it to eGroups, I'm sick of you people".

Bahaha.  Not bad.. I've got a tad more subscribers:

root at ohno:/usr/local/mailman/bin> ./list_members rescue |wc -l
     427
root at ohno:/usr/local/mailman/bin> ./list_members geeks |wc -l
     197
root at ohno:/usr/local/mailman/bin> ./list_members sunhelp |wc -l
    1023
root at ohno:/usr/local/mailman/bin> ./list_members sunmanagers |wc -l
    4270

All these lists combined did 921.2 *megabytes* of outgoing mail
yesterday.

> Never felt so good. :)

I did something similar with the SWGoths list back in '98.  I kicked a guy
off for threatening Amy (my then-girlfriend) on the list.  He then whined to
other listmembers that since he hadnt threatened her *on* the list, that he
should be allowed to stay!  I said screw it, sent the subscriber list and web
pages to someone else, and walked away.  Got tired of the politics and
infighting.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford