[rescue] somewhat OT: secondary market storage?

Steven Hill sjh at matrix.net
Mon Apr 1 13:27:08 CST 2002

> oracle will live here.  anyone have much luck with the t3 arrays?  I'm
> adverse to them for db's since they're raid5, but if the performance is
> good...  in the past i remember reading things about the clariion kit
> that made me dislike them, anyone have an argument for them?

T3s suck ass

If a FRU goes down, which they do, and you replace it with a DOA (or
pull the thing out and replace it) The unit will shut down.

We have a few of them, and they are good boxes other than for that one
"feature"

Oh, and they don't have to be RAID level 5.

S.

--
Steven Hill
Systems Administrator