[rescue] Lantronix TS (Was: Just a thought - what would be a good starter SPARC system these days?)

Carl-Johan Schenstrom rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Oct 24 04:34:56 CDT 2001

On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, Mike Hebel wrote:

> jppc> I used to have a Lantronix terminal server connected to all my serial
> jppc> consoles. It did the job OK, although it never did handle CR/LF stuff
> jppc> properly. But then one day it fell down and couldn't get up again, it just
> jppc> sat there playing with its toes and flashing an unknown diagnostic code.

Mine works the first time I power it up but when power-cycle it I need to
let it rest(?!) for about an hour, otherwise it'll do the flashing and
display of a diagnostic code that you describe.

It's stable when it's running, though.

> Oddly enough that's what happened to the one I worked with also.  I
> think that they fixed it by resetting the NVRAM in it and setting it
> up again via it's console port.

I can't get that far. As soon as I power it up it displays the diagnostic
code on the console port.

//cjs