[rescue] Just a thought - what would be a good starter SAPRC system these days?

Kevin Loch rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Oct 23 09:18:38 CDT 2001

I have 7 on an LX with 96 Megs and it runs great.  You need to disable
all the crap that runs on startup in the default installation.
The ammount of unnecessary crap grows exponentially with each new
release.

Look int /etc/rc2.d, rc3.d and rcS.d.  Also look in /etc/inetd.conf.

Also, if you are running CDE, the cpu monitor in 7 is probably killing
you.

KL