[rescue] HTML messages

David Cantrell rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Oct 19 16:26:27 CDT 2001

On Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 12:02:06PM -0500, digest #2169 contained:

> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN">
> <HTML>
> <HEAD>
> <META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
> charset=3Diso-8859-1">
> <META NAME=3D"Generator" CONTENT=3D"MS Exchange Server version =
> 5.5.2653.12">
> and so on

Yuck!

HTML emails are *really* hard to read and skipping over them is a pain.
Those of you who receive the list as individual messages may not have
realised quite how painful this is, as good MUAs will hide the HTML
when there is also a proper version, but those of us on the digest can't
do that.  Please please please can people not send HTML if at all
possible?

[now feel free to thwack me if I'm out of line, Mr. Bill :-]

If you save all your money for three years, you'll be able to afford this
new computer.  If, however, you blow all your money on poker, booze and
loose women - you'll still be able to afford it in three years.
                                                      -- anon, on Usenet