[rescue] Linux/Sparc

linc rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Oct 12 09:51:54 CDT 2001

On Fri, 12 Oct 2001, Big Endian wrote:
> having run linux/sparc for a while, and redhat in particular I would
> say go netbsd.  If you MUST use linux for some reason then try an old
> redhat (5.2 or 6.0) and update it manually to the current specs.
> Other than that you might try debian.  I avoid debian for political
> reasons ( I'm anti-RMS ) but its a workable distro.
>
> daniel

Anti RMS?
Anyhow I currently run RH6.2 on most of my Sparcstations - well on my 20
and my Voyager.  I like sound support and NetBSD doesn't support sound on
those machines.  I do however run NetBSD on my Sparcstation 1 and 2 which
run great!  What I really want is something a little snappier than RH with
some sound support for my Voyager.

--
 10:49am  up 60 days,  4:13,  6 users,  load average: 1.00, 1.00, 1.04