[rescue] Linux/Sparc

Big Endian rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Oct 12 09:46:44 CDT 2001

>Just curious here, but if you were to install Linux on a sparcstation,
>what would be your Distro preference and why?
>My particular preference is RedHat - but that's only really beacuse that's
>the distro I am most familiar with.  I am thinking of trying some others
>and wanted to see what you all had to say on the subject...

having run linux/sparc for a while, and redhat in particular I would
say go netbsd.  If you MUST use linux for some reason then try an old
redhat (5.2 or 6.0) and update it manually to the current specs.
Other than that you might try debian.  I avoid debian for political
reasons ( I'm anti-RMS ) but its a workable distro.

daniel