[rescue] Re: Career Rescue - Pray for me

Derrick Daugherty rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Oct 11 16:54:27 CDT 2001

It's rumored that around Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 04:39:08PM -0400
"Michael A. Turner" <mturner at whro.org> wrote:

> 	Well it appears that I am safe for now. Two vice-pressidents got it
> in the neck though, not sure if this is a sign of bigger things or if maybe
> , for once, god has answered the working mans prayers and created a CEO that
> understands that gobs of upper managment is not good after all.

Well, sounds like they're looking for every way to cut costs.  One of
the largest reoccuring costs is human capital..their salaries.  VP's
make quite a bit and it's their team that does all the work, not them.
This happened to the place I was at...starting about 8 months
ago.they've now closed their doors.  But that was a good thing when it
was happening, they kept getting rid of the stupid people.  I always
joked with upper mgmt asking if I could make suggestions.  Or if we
could do it 'survivor' style and vote the idiots out.

> 	As to this dilema, answer the question in very theoretical terms and
> then tell them that you can come and show them how for a nominal fee. Best
> of both worlds.

Thanks, I'll try being really vague when I reply :)

^D