[rescue] Friggin sparc 5

Brian Hechinger rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Oct 11 13:23:28 CDT 2001

> 	Then it just sits their and does nothing. I am hearing a funny sound
> from the case (sound like something hitting something then a power down,
> very very faint). I do a stop-A and get to the OK prompt. A test scsi
> command just goes right back to the ok prompt. So I do a probe scsi and it
> replies back with Data Access Exception . Their is a CD-rom in this system,
> Two hard drives and an external tape drive. Something Ijsut noticed is that
> a scsi-probe-all sits for a second then flashes something about the seagate
> drive (goes by to fast to see) something below that (but not as much as the
> section with the seagate drive) and then the screen clears and I see the
> tape drive and cd-rom listed.
>
> 	Anyone got an idea of whatr is wrong, and more importantly how to
> fix it?

sounds like something isn't playing nice.  pull all the drives off of it and
start adding them back one by one until you get the problem again and there is
a good chance that you just found your problem. :)

i say this since a probe-scsi should not be clearing the screen.  that sounds
like something is bad with the one disk.  also, try putting a serial console on
it since there is no clearing one of them. :)

-brin