[rescue] Friggin sparc 5

Michael A. Turner rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Oct 11 12:57:47 CDT 2001

	Ack , help!

	I have a sparc 5 sitting here I was supposed to configure a while
ago and never did, but I did verify that it could boot. Needed to strip it
and re-build (might remember that question)

	So I go to boot it just now and it's not working. It's not dead but
I got a bad feeling. Wehn I boot is does rom count etc.. Then it goes to

Boot device: /iommu/sbus/espdma at 5,8400000/esp at 5,8800000/sd at 3,0 File and
args:

	Then it just sits their and does nothing. I am hearing a funny sound
from the case (sound like something hitting something then a power down,
very very faint). I do a stop-A and get to the OK prompt. A test scsi
command just goes right back to the ok prompt. So I do a probe scsi and it
replies back with Data Access Exception . Their is a CD-rom in this system,
Two hard drives and an external tape drive. Something Ijsut noticed is that
a scsi-probe-all sits for a second then flashes something about the seagate
drive (goes by to fast to see) something below that (but not as much as the
section with the seagate drive) and then the screen clears and I see the
tape drive and cd-rom listed.

	Anyone got an idea of whatr is wrong, and more importantly how to
fix it?

Michael A. Turner
Systems Engineer
WHRO