[rescue] The war begins....

Charles Redmond rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Oct 7 22:07:39 CDT 2001

>I even saw a picture,  I think in the USA Today, of some Americans burning
>our own flag...... they should be shot.
Hmm.. I once tried to enlist in the local Air Force Reserve (got accepted  past the interview, then rejected via medical, (damned glasses..) one of the questions was along the lines of "How would you
feel about being heckled etc by people who disagreed with military
service". I understand the point of that question even more now since
though I disagree with the action, the ability and legality to do
such an act, even if stupid, is important from where I sit.

Sure, they are being offensive to some with views about flags, but when you think about it, though the symbolism might be great, that's not an action that directly affects the physical welfare of anyone else.

Charles