[rescue] FW: Sun Microsystems to Cut Jobs, Sees Wider-Than-Expected Loss

Dave McGuire rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Oct 5 22:41:06 CDT 2001

On October 5, Bill Bradford wrote:
> >   What's a PHB?
>
> Did you just ask this?
>
> I've lost ALL faith in you now, Dave.  Completely.  You DONT know
> what PHB means?  Or PFY, perhaps?
>
> Oh my.  You need about an hour tonight, to be indoctrinated:
>
> http://bofh.ntk.net/Bastard.html
>
> Meet Simon.  The Bastard Operator from Hell.
>
> I expect you to be fully versed in the ways of the BOFH
> by the next time I see you in person.

  I'm sorry Bill...didn't mean to disappoint you. ;)  I'm quite
familiar with the BOFH; I just didn't catch the TLA.  You needn't lose
faith. ;)

  In case you're skeptical...at Digex, we had very strict rules
against running IRC bots.  I caught people doing it all the time.
Instead of busting them in the "traditional" sense, I introduced
subtle off-by-one errors into their source code and replaced their
binaries.  Fixing the modification times on the files, of course. :)

      -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Laurel, MD