[rescue] McDonald's facts rather than Conservative Urban Myths

Kurt Huhn rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 27 18:36:50 CST 2001

>   700 FUCKING MORONS, basically.  Sure, the coffee was way hotter than
> it needed to be.  And accidents do happen...usually when people aren't
> paying attention to what they're doing, which usually happens when
> someone is a FUCKING MORON!!

Thank God!

I was starting to wonder who would pipe up first.  My personal thoughts:
- coffee is made with boiling water
- the coffe is in a flexible styrofoam cup
- between your legs is the last place for a flexible styrofoam cup full of
potentially boiling hot water

It seems to me, that one would take one's chances, when placing a cup full
of boiling hot water between their legs.  That's why I carry a travel mug in
my truck - one the fits in my truck's built-in cup holders.  I transfer all
coffee purchases to said cup, before begining the next leg of my vehicular
trip.

Side note, I just completed a driving to Ohio and back (950 miles each way)
and didn't spill a single drop of coffee in the Cruiser, never mind on
myself.

Kurt