[rescue] Re: [geeks] new list: RANTS

Dave McGuire rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 27 11:38:30 CST 2001

On November 27, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> Err, I don't know all the details of the McDonalds case, but my understanding
> is that in that case the coffee was truly too hot, and she had to get skin
> grafts.  Further, she may not have had any choice in sueing McDonalds, since
> insurance companies don't want to pay out for you if they can make you sue
> someone else to cover the claim.

  ...and she couldn't figure out it was too hot before she came into
actual contact with it?  I dunno about you, but if something is THAT
hot, I know about it before I get so close as to touch it.  *I* will
NEVER get burned so badly from food that I require skin grafts.  And
I'm willing to bet you won't either.  That's becuase we're not STUPID.

        -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
St. Petersburg, FL